Selling your Property
If you are thinking of selling your property then contact Sarah or Ian for friendly, helpful advice. With over 25 years of estate agency experience between them they offer valuable experience on selling your property and are happy to make suggestions which may help with the marketing of your property.
Our aim is simple – to provide you with the best possible service.
With our prime location – in Somerled Square right in the heart of Portree, the administrative centre of the island – we offer the maximum exposure of your property to both locals and the many visitors passing through Portree.
We are proud to serve the property market of Skye & Lochalsh and Skye’s sister island of Raasay as well as the outer islands of South & North Uist, Benbecula, Barra and Vatersay, as well as areas on the mainland.
Skye Property Centre is a trading division of the legal firm Anderson MacArthur Limited which was established in 1897 and has offices in Portree and Stornoway, Isle of Lewis. We have a sister agency Hebridean Estate Agency, also based in Stornoway, which covers the Outer Isles.
Together with Anderson MacArthur solicitors we can offer the complete package to help your move go as smoothly as possible.
We appreciate that both buying and selling a property can be a stressful time and we are here to offer advice and support throughout the process in an informative and friendly manner.
Our Service includes:
• Free valuation
• Free inclusion on our website
• Free inclusion in our property listing
• Eye catching ‘For Sale’ board if required
• Prominent town centre location with eye catching window and office display
• Press advertising, by arrangement, available both locally and nationally
• No hidden costs or prepayments
• Automatic e-mailing list of prospective purchasers
• Additional manual mailing list
• Unlimited number of colour brochures for your Property
• Professional, friendly and dedicated staff
• Advertising on www.zoopla.co.uk and www.primelocation.com
If you are selling a property you will require a Home Report prepared by a chartered surveyor (with a few exceptions) and we cannot commence marketing until a Home Report has been finalised.
The Home Report is made up of four parts:
• A Single Survey – a survey carried out by a surveyor which comments on the condition of the property and may highlight areas that need further investigation by a specialist.
• A Mortgage Valuation – this is the figure we then use to base the value on which to market your property.
• An Energy Performance Certificate – on a scale from A to G this rates how energy efficient your property is and may suggest improvements that can help to increase the energy efficiency of your property.
• A Property Questionnaire – filled in by you as the seller detailing any improvements you have done, the council tax banding, energy suppliers etc.
We are happy to provide contact details for surveyors who would undertake the Home Report for you.
Call Sarah or Ian today to discuss our terms and conditions on 01478 611600.